Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WRITING SAMPLES

My name is Joshua Ware. I am an experienced writer, editor, and educator. Below you will find links to some of my writing samples online. For more information, please contact me at joshua_ware@hotmail.com or view my full resume.

LONG FORM SAMPLES

As the event founder and coordinator for Case Western Reserve University's Poets of Ohio reading series, I wrote formal introductions for each reader that were geared toward both public and academic audiences. Alternate versions of these introductions appeared on Vouched Books, an online magazine of literature and entertainment. Read my introduction for Larissa Szporluk.

From March 2013 through April 2014, I blogged and created web content for Vouched Books. I wrote weekly, 500-1500 word reviews for books and other literary-related material. Read my review of Lyn Xu's Debts & Lessons.

SHORT FORM SAMPLES

Since 2008, I have blogged for a variety of sites. While many of my posts have been related to the field of literature, I have also composed posts about arts, entertainment, and local businesses.

Read my article about the Clifford Still Museum in Denver, CO.

Read my article about Great Divide Brewery in Denver, CO.

Read my article about the Girls and Unknown Mortal Orchestra concert from 16 March 2012.

Read additional Vouched Books' posts about writers, literary journals, and poetry.

CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT

From Fall 2005 through Spring 2015, I taught dozens of course in composition, rhetoric, literature, and creative writing at the college-level. I have experience teaching at large public universities, private liberal arts colleges, and community colleges. For these courses, I created my own curriculum and disseminated course information online.

View my course curriculum for WRTG 3030: Writing on Science and Society. University of Colorado-Boulder, Fall 2014 and Spring 2015.

View my course curriculum for USSYe 289: Poets of Ohio. Case Western Reserve University, Spring 2013 and Spring 2014.

CREATIVE WORK

I am also a widely published creative writer and visual artist. You can view a complete listing of my published work here and samples of my visual work on my Instagram account.

No comments:

Post a Comment